Friday, April 8, 2011

An old friend...celery!

What do you think about celery?

Well, I am reminded what a good friend celery is to me today. Celery is an old friend, from way back, who gets forgotten about in the bottom of the fridge. It's important that I not forget about my Celery or it gets limp and lifeless, just laying there. It still has its uses, but it loses its pizzazz and I end up turning to another veggie friend.

I adore Celery for breakfast. I always have veggies for breakfast, but celery has got to be my star. See, its easy, portable, and crunchy. It also fills me up and tides me over. Not to mention all of the actual vitamins and minerals that are packed into that little green stick. I can dip it, crunch it, and use it in so many ways...all in less time than it took me to write this blog post!!

Do you want the low down on celery? Here is what I found:

Nutrition Facts
  • Serving Size: 1 cup diced celery (120.0g)*Probably about one large stick
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories 19
  • Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
  • Total Fat 0.2g 0%
  • Saturated Fat 0.1g 0%
  • Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1g
  • Monounsaturated Fat 0.0g
  • Cholesterol 0mg 0%
  • Sodium 96mg4%
  • Total Carbohydrates 3.6g 1%
  • Dietary Fiber 1.9g 8%*WOW!!
  • Sugars 2.2g
  • Protein 0.8g
  • Vitamin A 11%*WOW!!
  • Vitamin C 6%
  • Calcium 5%*WOW!!
  • Iron 1%
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

No comments:

Post a Comment