Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Motivating Conversations

Don't you love it when a plan comes together? Even if it wasn't necessarily your plan, it becomes your plan when you see it all fall into place in front of you! That's what happened to me today.

I had a great talk with my sister. During our conversation, things that have been floating around inside my head, suddenly started making sense in the bigger picture of my life and future. But, for anyone to understand all of this, I need to give a little background info.

As many of you already know, I have been into the healthy foods lifestyle for at least 8 years. During this time, I have been through a wide variety of "healthy" ideas. I have been there and back again! We could eat this way and then we couldn't. We needed to avoid these things, and then they were fine. UGH!

It started as a search for answers to cure my daughters eczema and has grown with knowledge and experience to include our entire family and our overall health. Yes, our Andrea no longer has eczema. But, even more than that, our family now knows how important real food is to overall health!

But, it came with a price. A VERY high price. All of these things that we have been through have cost us a pretty penny. But, it shouldn't be that way. The information we have gained through all of this is information that everyone should have access too regardless of how much money they have to spend on health. And maybe in some respects they do. But, it can't hurt to put another voice out there with useful info that can bridge the gap! This is part of what has been swirling in my head.

The other parts include some things that are not clearly defined for me yet. But, includes providing healthy food and resources for those who rely on the government or food pantries for their sustenance. Why can the rich be healthy and afford real food while the poorest of the poor are receiving scraps of mutated fillers that can barely even be called food?? Somehow, we must get beyond meeting people's basic human need of food and get to giving them real nourishment. Many needy people shun the cans of black beans or canned pumpkin at the food pantry. Why?? They don't understand how to use it or why they should bother. Most people wouldn't just eat black beans or pumpkin straight out of the can. We would use it to make delicious dishes that would nourish us and help us achieve real health. But, often, these people don't have that knowledge. That's not even addressing the fact that those canned black beans are LOADED with sodium. But, I can go to the grocery store and buy organic canned black beans that have less than half that amount of sodium AND its sodium from sea salt(a health food). Oh, don't get me started!!!! I can get all in a tizzy over here.

Many of you have been after me to start writing for quite sometime now and I have put it off. I am not sure what I have to offer. But, I promise that what I write will be from personal experience and not just something someone, somewhere said. And, I hope to encourage you and myself to continue living life to the fullest and keep journeying into Healthy Food Freedom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment